COORDINATOR Universidade Nova de Lisboa
Universidade dos Açores
The HIDRALERTA project includes the development of a system for forecasting, warning and assessment of risks associated with wave overtopping and flooding in coastal and port areas.
- Development of a prototype system, HIDRALERTA system, for the Praia da Vitória harbor, Azores, and for São João da Caparica beach, Costa da Caparica.
- Construction of risk maps that are decision-support tools for the authorities.
- A user friendly tool to the real-time evaluation of overtopping/flooding emergencies, issuing warning messages to the authorities
- Development of system for the forecast, warn and assess of the risk of flooding in coastal and port areas, in a WebGIS environment.
- A system for the forecast, warn and assess of the risk of overtopping and flooding in coastal and port areas
- System prototypes for Costa da Caparica beach and Praia da Vitória harbour
- Web platform for the Praia da Vitoria harbour
- Daily layouts of te Web platform
- Daily bulletins which are sent to the responsible authorities
- Consequences and risk maps of the areas of Costa da Caparica and the Praia da Vitória harbor