The Measurement and Control Zones (ZMC) project, created in SMAS Almada, aims the online monitoring of the entire water distribution network to the population, through its sectorization.
Several water parameters are measured in these ZMC, allowing the optimization of the efficiency of the network operation, by reducing water losses and improving the quality of provided service.
Reduction of water losses through online monitoring of flows and pressures in the distribution network
Decrease in Water Losses:
- Increased speed in the leakage detection
- Location of the leakage
- Quantification of water losses
- Less leakages
- Better service quality
Increased network efficiency:
- Inlet / Billed Water Comparison
Challenges for 2018
- 3 new Measurement and Control Zones (ZMC)
- The entire distribution network covered by ZMC
- Optimization of the connection between Billing and Remote Management software
- Comparison of the water data entered in the ZMC with the volume of wastewater collected in the same zone